Ways to Support CERF+‘s Work
You can support CERF+ through:
- Making a tax-deductible donation online, over the phone (802-229-2306), or via the post (PO Box 838, Montpelier, VT 05601).
- In-Kind Contributions: CERF+ relies on donations of goods and services as part of our package of assistance to craft artists and for our operations. Examples of donated services and items include: booth fee waivers, equipment, supplies, artwork, booth space, transportation, consulting services, and advertising. Contact us if you're interested offering goods and services.
- Independent Fundraisers: Throughout the year, CERF+ supporters organize their own events to benefit CERF+. Click here to read more.
- Matching gifts (available through many corporations)
- Monthly giving- Would be happy to set up a monthly donation plan. Call our office at 802-229-2306.
- Payroll deductions (workplace giving campaigns)
- Planned giving
- Gifts of stock or mutual fund shares
- Contribution to a restricted fund
- GoodSearch.com: GoodSearch.com is a Yahoo-powered search engine that donates half its advertising revenue, about a penny per search, to the charities its users designate. Use it just as you would any search engine, get quality search results from Yahoo, and watch the donations add up! It’s easy to do and doesn’t cost you anything. To start using GoodSearch and to generate donations for CERF+, click here.
- Buying merchandise from the CERF+ Store
How to make an outright gift
Thank you for considering a gift of stock or securities to CERF+. To complete your gift, please notify your broker in writing that you are making a charitable gift of stock to CERF+.
Stock Transfer Instructions for Your Broker:
To give a gift of stock to CERF+, please use the transfer information below for People’s United Bank (CERF+’s broker). It is important to have your broker or financial advisor follow these instructions and use the correct account numbers so we may credit the appropriate CERF+ account
DTC #: 901
Account #: 906930
FBO: Craft Emergency Relief Fund
FBO Account #: 61C359025
Important Note: We ask that you or your broker contact CERF+ to help us be on the alert for the stock you are donating and the number of shares. This is important because your name will not be included in the wire transfer to our broker.
PO Box 838
Montpelier, VT 05601
(802) 229-2306 (phone)
(802) 223-6484 (fax)
If you have any questions, please feel free to have your broker contact People’s United Bank directly. The People’s United Bank contacts are:
Gifts of Mutual Fund Shares
Thank you for considering a gift of mutual fund shares to CERF+. To donate mutual fund shares, we ask you to do two things:
- Contact the CERF+ office (802-229-2306, firstname.lastname@example.org) to make us aware of your plans and let us know the name of and number of mutual fund shares you are donating. This is important because your name will not be included in the wire transfer to our broker.
- Contact, or have your broker contact, one of CERF+’s brokers at People’s United Bank (contact information below). Once People’s United Bank knows the mutual company associated with the shares, they can provide the account information needed.
The People’s United Bank contacts are:
Phone: (802) 660-1242
Fax: (802) 652-6182
Phone: (802) 660-1321
Fax: (802) 652-6182
There’s a personal side to this: After Katrina hit last fall, I begin to think about how I could support CERF+ over the long haul to ensure that it would always be there for working craftspeople. I decided to put CERF+ in my will so that a portion of my estate can go to craft artists when I die.
—CERF+ Planned Gift Donor
Making a provision in your will for CERF+ is one of the most important ways you can help secure the future of CERF+. Fortunately, it’s an easy task to accomplish. Below are some examples of language you can use for different types of bequests. Be sure to consult an attorney when preparing legal documents.
The CERF+’s tax ID is 13-3273980.
Percentage of your estate
"I give ____% of my estate to CERF+, located in Montpelier, Vermont, for its general charitable uses and purposes."
Fixed amount of money
"I give $____ to CERF+, located in Montpelier, Vermont, for its general charitable uses and purposes."
Real estate or other property
"I give [description of property, including exact location] to CERF+, located in Montpelier, Vermont, for its general charitable uses and purposes."
"I give the residue of my estate to CERF+, located in Montpelier, Vermont, for its general charitable uses and purposes."
"I give ____% of the residue of my estate to CERF+, located in Montpelier, Vermont, for its general charitable uses and purposes."
CERF+ currently administers a number of special restricted funds that are earmarked for craft artists who are members of certain organizations, living in certain geographic areas, or facing special challenges.
If you’d like to contribute to one of these funds, or establish a restricted fund of your own, contact the CERF+ office to find out more.
- California Fund, established by the Association of Clay and Glass Artists of California (ACGA)
- Florida Fund, established by Florida Craftsmen
- Vermont Fund
- Glass Art Society (GAS) Fund
- Society of American Silversmiths (SAS) Fund
- Tennessee Association of Crafts Artists (TACA) Fund
Medium Specific Funds
- Clay Fund
- Beth Cassidy Fund, for craft artists with a chronic condition from illness or injury.
- Disaster Relief Fund, for craft artists who have suffered from a wide-spread natural disaster.
- Elaine Potter Fund, for craft artists suffering from cancer.
- Grant and Loan Fund, for emergency relief for craft artists, regardless of career-threatening emergency type.
- HIV/AIDS Fund, established by the Hudson Valley AIDS Auction for craft artists living with HIV/AIDS.
- Stephen & Graham Davidson Fund, for craft artists with a chronic condition from illness or injury.