CERF+ recently drafted a new strategic plan, a process that began during our 25th anniversary reunion at Snow Farm in Williamsburg, MA in the fall of 2010. We are pleased to share our revised mission, operating principles and strategic goals for 2012 – 2016.
CERF+ is a national artist service organization whose mission is to safeguard and sustain the careers of craft artists and to provide emergency resources that benefit all artists.
CERF+ carries out its work using the following principles:
- To operate with a high degree of transparency
- To be responsive and nimble
- To honor confidentiality
- To be objective and equitable
- To be inclusive and embrace diverse viewpoints
- To utilize sound research in decision making
- To engage people with courtesy and dignity
- To invest in human resources for delivering services and programs
Strategic Goals: 2012 – 2016
- CERF+ will ensure that all artists are aware of its programs and services.
- CERF+ will strengthen and increase its package of emergency relief assistance for professional craft artists who have suffered career-threatening emergencies.
- CERF+ will increase awareness of the need for emergency preparedness and continuity planning within the arts sector and it will provide leadership in developing resources and educational opportunities to assist artists in continuity planning and preparing for emergencies.
- CERF+ will lead the effort to develop a coordinated system of emergency preparedness and response for the arts sector, drawing on resources from within and outside of the arts sector.
- Through strategic partnerships within and outside the craft field, CERF+ will ensure that the voice of craft artists is represented among funders, the arts sector, policymakers, researchers and the general public.
- CERF+ will build and grow a sustainable organization that has the financial and human resources to meet the above goals.
Read our full Strategic Plan here.